Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Greetings and Salutations!

Yep. Yet another personal blog has sprung forth upon the digital highway, just waiting to get squashed like a Texas Armadillo by a speeding truckload of Spam. So why did I do it? Peer pressure? Nah. I'm too old and ornery for that. And therein lies your first clue, dear readers...

Someone told me not to. So, NYAA!

Who am I? Just your average, ordinary, everyday guy, really. Regrets? I've had a few. But just as many good times, too. I've done extraordinary things as well as extraordinarily stupid things. If you haven't, then you haven't lived, my friend. The stupid things I've done, I usually do only once. Twice if I've been drinking. Thrice if it was fun. But I digress...

I won't go into some self-pretentious soliloquy about who I am and all my good and bad points. Not all at once, at least. After all, this is just the introduction.

I'll occasionally post musings about things that happen along the way, maybe a good story or two. I've always liked spinning yarns. Sometimes it's the extra flourishes a good storyteller adds to the tale that makes it magical for the listener. As a kid I always loved campfire tales. A good storyteller is worth his weight in gold, especially in this modern, sterile age of prepackaged pap and pablum, with cardboard characters, contrived plots, cliche dialogue and just overall craptacular inattention to the true magic of storytelling. No. Take me back to the good old days of tall tales, Just-So Stories, and ghost stories around the bonfire.

And don't forget the marshmallows, dammit!!

No comments: