Friday, October 2, 2009

Success by Degrees

My diploma arrived in the mail the other day. Got my name on it and everything.

Now it really hits home what I've accomplished and how hard I had to work for it. It's been a month since I finished my last class. I have since tried to replace the time with other projects and spend time with my family, but the intensity of these activities does not match what was required to finish those classes. I've been mostly hanging around the house not knowing what to do with myself, getting under foot and driving my wife nuts.

Conversations of the Damned, Part XXIV

After a week of getting in my wife's way, she'd finally had enough...

Mrs. Gnu: "Get outta my way, will ya? Don't you have homework to do?"

Me: "Umm.... NO!"

(Pause)

Mrs. Gnu: "Wasn't there a PhD program you were interested in...?"

God help this poor woman the day after I retire!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

See this is another reason I read so much. I never get bored so I'm never underfoot. Except for my actual feet which are quite large and often in someone's way but that totally doesn't count.

Unknown said...

Amazing Congratulations Mr. A. But can you guess who this is....... Here's a clue in limerick form, "Blighty's the best there is, but San Francisco is a good second, but that's from the chap who can talk, like you might have reck'nd!". I don't have your numbers anymore here, but my cell hasn't changed, or you could always just call the Big "0" (there's another clue)! Give one of those a ring why don't you.......