Thursday, January 1, 2009

Gnu Year's Day

All is quiet on New Years Day,
A world in white gets underway,
And I want to be with you,
Be with you, night and day.
Nothing changes on New Years Day.

-U2, New Years Day


Happy New Year everyone! We've now left 2008 behind, even if it did take one extra second to close the books. That's right, 2008 was a leap-second year. Who'dathunkit?

Now that the holidays are over and done with, I hope we can all get back to work without any further insanity. Just to be sure, here is my annual holiday postcard:
















Okay, enough merriment. Back to work!

Speaking of work, the garage is now pristine and in perfect order. In other words, I threw out everything but the car. And I'm not too keen on keeping it, either. The dumpster is chock full of crap and I had to get in and jump up and down on the piles of detritus to make room for the office and closets. The construction company said the first ton of haul-away is free and he's only known two customers who ever went over that. I think I will make it into that rarefied category, given how much I still have to do inside the house.

Up next: the closets. Cover me, I'm going in!

No comments: