Thursday, June 28, 2007

Say What???

In response to Monday's post, Coyote comments, "I'm fairly certain that women ask questions in a way that is designed for men to hear 'the wrong way' so that they can get angry. It's a class they take, I'm sure of it."

See, now that you know their secret, they'll have to kill you. Slowly, painfully. Be sure to invite me to the wedding, my friend.

He's got a good point, though. That sort of trap happens all the time to me.

Earlier this month:

I came home from work one afternoon and was greeted by an angry Gnu. Sometime during the day, the toilet got clogged somehow. Thankfully, instead of attempting to unclog the toilet herself, and thereby creating a man-made lake where our house once stood, she left that task to me. She's wonderful and sweet, but mechanically inept, to say the least. I forgot about it as I was unwinding from the workday, and she didn't remind me until later on in the evening when she decided she wanted to take a shower. So, she went to find me and get my help.

Folks, how would you reply to a question worded this way:

"Honey, are you going to unclog the toilet so I can take a shower?"

Ummm... what???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Off the top of my head I would have probably said something like, "If that's what you do in the toilet then what the hell do you do in the bath tub?" and then argued about it for three days and later found out that she used it as an excuse to sleep with someone else. Again.

I'm not bitter though.